Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Using Natural Herbs For Dogs — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

Using Natural Herbs For Dogs

greyfurballgreyfurball Southeastern PennsylvaniaPosts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Dogs & Cats

Do you have a 4-legged family member(s) known as a dog?

Although I have no dogs at this time I'm still first and foremost headed toward the "natural way" for healing for my pets just as much as myself and my family.

So here is an excellent article about how you can help the dogs in your own family...

https://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/pets/using-natural-herbs-dogs-ze0z1804zmos?utm_source=wcemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MEN%20SLCS%20eNews%2001.08.2020&utm_term=MEN_SLCS_eNewsAll%20Subscribers&_wcsid=F49F96C421C01E65EEE4A59671E48F6BB29C60DF2AEB3EFA

Comments

• Melissa SwartzMelissa Swartz Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

We have a German Shepherd that was constantly scratching and licking his paws. I saw in Doc Patrick Jones' presentation during the Home Medicine Summit that dogs lick their paws when they have an allergy. We tried switching dog foods (several times) but it really didn't help. We've been giving him nettle tea with his dog food. Within a week, the scratching and paw licking stopped, and since then his coat is much softer and healthier. Nettles help humans with allergies, and have many nutrients as well. Whatever it was, the nettles have really helped him.

• shllnzlshllnzl Southwestern UtahPosts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Melissa Swartz I will be trying nettles from my German Shepherd's allergies. Thanks for the information. I briefly tried some fancy allergy drug until I looked it up online and found that it shut down the immune system and helped cancers to grow quickly.

• JodieDownUnderJodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 897 admin

Great subject. I think for too long our 4 legged friends don't get fed what they deserve. Lots of cheap kibble contain fillers eg, sand or sawdust. Have low quality meat and by-products including grain and then coloured with stuff to make it look healthy and make us feel good. I have had a real change of heart, done some research and changed my ways. Grain free kibble that is made from quality ingredients, fresh meat and bones. I also add golden paste(tumeric/pepper/oil/water and hemp seed protein. Golden paste for brain and joint health and hemp seed for chlorophyll/fibre and overall goodness. I also made a batch of Doc Jones' comfrey and calendula cream and 2 applications on a scratch-skin irritation and it was gone. Happy healthy dog!