Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

A new-to-me seed company — The Grow Network Community
🌙 Have you ever heard of a Moon Garden? Do you have one that you want to share photos of? Check out this Moon Garden discussion created by smockv!

A new-to-me seed company

Mary Linda BittleMary Linda Bittle Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• rainbowrainbow 8Agreen+gold Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭

Yes @Mary Linda Bittle - they came to our state fair a few years ago, & from their display I got quite a few seed packets that will prolly take 100 years to plant them, lol

Glad you discovered them. Have FUN 🙂

• figsageefigsagee Posts: 107 ✭✭✭

Thank you! I need to start seed shopping.

• dottile46dottile46 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@Mary Linda Bittle Wow, what a great find! I haven't heard of them either. Bookmarked it so will go back and look around. They have articles and a blog too. 😀

• tammyrichardsmt9tammyrichardsmt9 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

Botanical Interests is great! The local nursery my son works at carries their seeds.

• MissPatriciaMissPatricia Posts: 32 ✭✭

I loved Mary Linda Bittle's comment. Do all of us gardeners have a tendency to overbuy? I have been buying from Sow True, which has organic seed, and a lot of heirloom seed. They are in North Carolina which is close to my northern Alabama planting zone.

• Mary Linda BittleMary Linda Bittle Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Right now, it's raining on top of the 2 feet of snow that covers my yard. I can't wait to be able to get out and dig in the dirt. I know all this moisture will be good for the things I've already planted. I have a pretty big yard, and the landlords like that I plant stuff. They even bring me stuff to plant. LOL. And I want to do lots of stuff that will be permanent food-producing trees and plants. And those that are "only" beautiful and fragrant.

I failed with 2 big rhubarb rhizomes from a reputable company. I'll try again, but in a different part of the yard. I'll do tomatoes this year. And some veggies.

Oh, it's so hard to keep the plans to what I can actually do in a year!

• MerinPorterMerinPorter Editorial Director Southwest Colorado (Zone 6a)Posts: 403 admin

@Mary LInda Bittle, where do you live? We are in Southwest Colorado and rhubarb is one of those hard-to-kill perennials in our area....

• Mary Linda BittleMary Linda Bittle Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Idaho, at 3000 feet, and 2 hours north of Boise on highway 95, just where the desert starts to turn to forest.