Brewed cacao like coffee?
Has anyone here brewed cacao beans? There is a company that is promoting this as a healthy coffee substitute. I don't drink much coffee, but I could drink lots of this, I'm sure.
I can get beautiful whole cacao beans from a local business. I think these, ground, would be nicer than trying to use nibs. I do have some questions, though.
Do you need to roast them first or anything? They are pretty soft, still having all their goodness intact. I can crumble them in my fingers after taking the stiff paper-like stuff off.
A second question, is there an easy way to take that stiff papery cover off?
This Week's Leaders
- 607 All Categories
- 19 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 24 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 186 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 370 Current Events & Breaking News
- 965 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 380 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 27 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 241 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 286 The Homestead: DIY
- 791 Personal Journals
- 72 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter