Do anyone make gummies as part of their cold/flu prevention and what flavors do you make?

bcabrobin
bcabrobin Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Herbal Medicine-Making

I know of Elderberry Gummies but was wondering if anyone makes a different flavor.

I was thinking maybe blueberry, mango/pinapple, strawberry or grape.

The grandkids get tired of just one flavor.

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

You could try black currant (antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory). Or make herbal teas as the base; anything that you would normally add to a hot beverage for colds and flus. Chamomile, ginger, lemon, licorice, hyssop, violet, rose hip, etc. Peppermint or lemon balm would be nice flavours. Hibiscus would give a lovely colour.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

MY mom is taking too many meds so I was thinking of trying out homemade gummies.

I found an elderberry gummy recipe I might try to make. https://nofussnatural.com/elderberry-gummies-recipe/ Last I knew TGN had elderberry syrup mixes for sale

I am also looking for some good herbal gummy recipes

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@Monek Marie thanks for sharing the recipe! I have been wondering how to make gummies. They seem to be a better option for traveling than elderberry syrup.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@bcabrobin how about ginger & or with honey. Great for colds and travel sickness.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

I make the elderberry gummies too, and have been thinking about trying apple cider gummies. I've seen several recipes lately. Here's one, but there are several other good ones out there as well....

I came across some commercial gummies on sale recently, Life To Go brand, don't know anything about them, but on sale they weren't too expensive and they had some interesting flavors. I bought the Immunity Echinacea, thinking I could figure out how to make my own if I liked it. I wouldn't recommend the brand, too much sugar--3g in a 2-gummie serving; but also 3.5 mg of echinacea extract. The gummies are flavored with orange extract and paprika extract, so what you taste is orange with a bit of kick to it. Certainly gives me some ideas for experimenting