Plant based or meat and plant based diet?
I was attending a summit that was discussing the current obesity epidemic and almost every speaker was proclaiming a plant ONLY based diet as the way to combat the issue and the issues of major health concerns today. I am a meat eater and was chastised and strongly encouraged to mend my ways or my health/life was in grave danger. I certainly didn't feel welcome as a participant so I left.
I am curious to know what this community is hearing, thinking and feeling regarding this trend.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter