Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Anyone in a fracking area. — The Grow Network Community
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop Choose seeds wisely.

-Confucius

Anyone in a fracking area.

EarlKellyEarlKelly Penn state master gardener Northeastern Pennsylvania zone 5bPosts: 235 ✭✭✭

have been putting up with the natural gas industry now for about ten years. A lot of changes have come to my rural existence. Just had a visit from my neighbor. They are having issues with the water from their well. Nothing out of the ordinary with mine that I have noticed. Always had a little higher iron content, so installed a filter for that years ago. They just got back their water sample results and have found higher than normal content of iron, manganese.turbitity, sulfite reducing bacteria, slime reducing bacteria and triethylene glycol. They had to get a firm from Philadelphia to test for these compounds. Guess that is my next step. They tried to get the gas company to bring them bottled water while they tried to get this mess straightened out. They will only bring water if you are within 2500 foot radius of the well they are drilling. Their well is 2550. Anyone else in the grow community have any dealings with the gas companies. Looks like I may have to talk to a lawyer too. So much for all my organic work and plantings. Thanks for any input, at a loss on what to do now.