Essential Oils for Pain Relief
I fell on black ice several years back and sprained my right wrist pretty badly. (My chiropractor checked it out, and it was not broken.) I never went to the doctor, and treated it with comfrey soaks and packs, and an amazing ointment with Solomon's seal that I cannot get any longer- my favorite herbalist went out of business.🙁
It healed ugly, but pretty well. I don't have full range of motion but seldom have trouble with it. However, today I was digging the last of the frozen snow pile that was keeping me from getting the car out of the parking spot off the street, and I jammed it pretty good. It's achy, but essentially undamaged.
I have applied a pain relief oil that a coworker has made that includes these essential oils in a carrier oil (no idea what percentages). Lemon, Panaway, Lemongrass, Copbia, and Frankincense. It smells really good, and is already helping.
I got some ginger essential oil because KP Khalsa says it's good for wrists, so I'm gonna dig out my fractionated coconut oil and make a 2% mix and use that, too.
Oh, yes, I did get the car out and park it where I can use it! It's been plugged in to a magic thingy that keeps the battery charged since it started to snow in early December.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter