"The crucial ingredient our diet lacks"
"Recently, people have been realising there is something lacking from their diets: quality information.
High-profile incidents, like a 2013 scandal when cheap horsemeat was discovered in European beef products, have meant that people today are more wary of eating anonymised produce. 'Consumers are realising that they are more vulnerable than they knew'” says Bateman. 'It doesn’t mean our food systems are less safe than they were before, it is that there is a growing awareness.'"
..........and, this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but I really like that vibrant blue/orange combination on the lead photo! :)
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter