Another handy knot to learn

silvertipgrizz
silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in DIY Tutorials

Comments

• EarlKelly
    EarlKelly Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz love this knot. Have used it for years on the homestead and farm. Excellent way to keep rope. From unraveling also. He is quite correct, after you see how it is done very easy to do. I have also used it on the rawhide shoe laces when I am making walking sticks for a nice hand grip.

• silvertipgrizz

@EarlKelly Awesome!

I want to learn your walking sticks. We all have something to teach, so teach us as you have time, please.

Also, please list any other knots you think we should all know, and why, ie, knots of repelling, for prepping, for what ever you can think of that you feel should be posted for out knowledge, for I shall find it and post it.

One of my fav knot books is 'the Arts of The Sailor

Knotting, Splicing and Ropework' Hervey Garrett Smith.

• EarlKelly
    EarlKelly Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Finishing up one now. Will see if I can post some pictures of it for you and brief explanation. Here is another handy book of knots I picked up a year ago. Think you might like it.

• drpclarke
    drpclarke Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Very cool knot and very easy. I can't wait to try it this weekend.

• silvertipgrizz

@EarlKelly I can't wait to check the book out. Thanks for posting esp the picture with full title and author.

I used to macreme a lot of plant holders, still have my books too, old ones from the day I think back in the 80's when there was a lot of people doing it. Also repelled in a class as a newbie, off the side of a building. Lots of fun and so is tying knots. Esp the ones that save work and lives.

Looking forward to your walking stick instructions.

• silvertipgrizz

@drpclarke If and when you have the time let us know how it turns out.