Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

TWO MORINGA vid's, one for starting from seed, the other "what makes Moringa a super food" — The Grow Network Community
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop Choose seeds wisely.

-Confucius

TWO MORINGA vid's, one for starting from seed, the other "what makes Moringa a super food"

silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Lisa KLisa K Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭

Here is another YouTube link for growing Moringa from Moringa For Life in Vista CA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMtJknO199I (you will need to copy the link and paste it).

Also a link to their website - https://www.moringaforlife.com/

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lisa K I'll have a look at the web site. She is one of the first vids I watched when I first learned of moringa...thank you for posting..I'm hoping it is one I have not seen yet..I"m getting ready to plant my seeds direct in the ground can't wait... I love moringa!!!

• judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 1,630 admin

Moringa is amazing. I'm particularly impressed by how it can clean water.

• Lisa KLisa K Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz you are welcome, their website also has videos.

@judsoncarroll4 it is definitely one of my new favorite plants.

• seeker.nancy - Central Texasseeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

I bought two tiny ones last year. I planted one in the yard, just being hopeful, and the other in a large pot. We had an early hard freeze last year and the moringa in the yard did not make it. I had moved the other one inside for the winter. Discovered my yorkie really likes it as well and he stripped the tree before I noticed. A local gardener told me not to give up on it. So it got a cardboard "collar" around the whole planter to stop that little pest lol. When I moved it out in Spring it had started putting on leaves again. Two days outside and the snails stripped it. Sigh... So I used tulle around it until I had the snails in check and it has grown wonderfully! I'm so glad because I used the dried leaves from last year in my powdered greens mix and they really taste good! Who knows, if I have enough leaves I might even share with my little pest 😂

• tomandcaratomandcara Colorado front range- Denver MetroPosts: 591 ✭✭✭

My memory is that Moringa sprouts are very beneficial for ones health. Tight on timr and can't quickly find the reference. Sorry.

• MommaMoMommaMo Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

We had a moringa tree that grew beautifully last year. We harvested the leaves and cut it back in the fall and mulched and covered it for the winter. This spring, when we uncovered it, we thought it hadn't made it through the winter. But, in early May, it came out from the roots and is flourishing. We have several new ones growing from seeds planted this spring! We are in the southwestern part of the USA.