edible trees (not just the fruit!)
Seeing the discussion on all the the edible salad greens reminded me of how much my kids loved to snack on young Japanese maple leaves. I looked them up and found this really interesting article.
One that they left off was redbud. The young leaves, buds and tiny seed pods are edible.
I think I'll go poke around in the woods and see what's "cooking"!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter