Food Medicine

Torey
Torey Posts: 5,679 admin
edited November 2020 in General Health

A link to Kami McBride's latest antiviral recipes.

https://kamimcbride.com/favorite-antiviral-recipes/

Comments

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey Thanks for posting!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's good, too!

• Kelley
    Kelley Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

I follow her too. Great information and I love her recipes. I made pesto from scratch thanks to her!

• spowell07
    spowell07 Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I love Kami she is so informative. Ive taken a few of her classes. She is very easy to follow and has a vast knowledge she is more than willing to share with everyone.

• Melinda
    Melinda Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the link.

• drpclarke
    drpclarke Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

This is great. Thank you for sharing.

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

@torey Thank you for posting. I didn't see anything to just read the recipes without having to go through a bunch of hoops to see what herbs and spices that she included. If not mentioned, Sassafras and Peppermint are also anti-viral.

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

@torey I was also disappointed that there were no recipes. Turemic and oregano are also antiviral.

• pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Eat healthy to maintain your immunity, plenty of fruits and vegetables. Try to have half your plant as veggies for each meal. Add turmeric to food (but if you are iron deficient, read up on it first and decide whether you should) Make fire cider or eat the ingredients in your food, things like Garlic, onion, horseradish, lemon, apple cider vinegar. Keep washing your hands. Elderberry may be useful. Really work at not touching your face. I made it through annual flu going through my office which I think mainly was due to having flu shot and keeping hands clean and away from face. Also vastly lowered the amount of times I felt sick with the cold, etc. I think the fire cider and elderberry syrup might have helped as well. It is no guarantee you won't get a virus or other illness but you want to be as healthy as possible so your body can overcome it if it hits you.

• Torey

@Obiora E and @tomandcara Try this link. Go down the page a bit and there is a link to a PDF of the recipes. Or a little further down the page you can click on the individual recipes.

https://kamimcbride.com/favorite-antiviral-recipes/

• Obiora E

@torey I clicked where it said that i could to get all of the recipes but no dice. Not interested in seeing anything other than the herbs and/or spices that she used and the reasons for them. Do you have that information??

• Torey

@Obiora E It doesn't say why each ingredient is used on the recipe sheet I downloaded for all the recipes. I just went back to the site and if you click on where it says to download the recipes, a window will open asking for your e-mail to send the PDF to. If you click on each recipe picture it should take you to the page for each recipe. There isn't a recipe written out on the chai page but there is a video to watch so she probably explains it in there. I didn't watch the video cause I was able to download the recipes. There is a recipe for the oregano pesto but it also comes with a video. The Immunity soup has a long list of ingredients with an explanation of why some of them are used and a video. Hope it works for you.

• Obiora E

@torey Thank you for the updated information.

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

@torey Thank you for this link. I is a great resource with lots of recipes