"the doctor(s) told me (whatever... terminal thing) that is my fate"
Why in the world would we share related statements in the HEALTH section ? - Yes why in deed?
Because countless people are told every minute of each day unutterable things like re TESTs, or 'treat-ments': "This won't hurt a bit."
Oops. Sorry. It does hurt. A little more than "a bit." But if they told you it would hurt like Heck, would it be any better for you? -- That's why the vast majority of doctors lie. ALOT. Instead of saying the real truth: "This won't hurt me a bit."
How about: "I'm sorry but you have terminal (something or other), & you're going to die in a month". - https://qz.com/676394/if-people-realized-how-little-doctors-knew-theyd-be-very-scared/ How many ? people at this point have the where-with-ALL to respond with "REALLY? you don't say. You're practicing witchcraft, because frankly you have NO clue what my lifespan is" - so we could share Alot of useful/empowering... situations to help yet others reading this forum, what do you think?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter