Making bone broth, what should I put into the pot?
While good hygiene and avoiding large gatherings are good advice, taking responsibility for one’s own health is empowering! Please share what herbals or suggestions you have for keeping you and your extended family healthy during this virus season.
One of my first actions, make 2 gallons of nourishing and immune building bone broth that I will pressure can. Slow cooked over several days this broth includes chicken bones (froze the chicken meat), garlic, lots of onions (including skins), carrots, celery & Reishi mushrooms. This with heaping handfuls of antioxidant antiviral antibacterial warming herbs: Astragalus, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, & Parsley.
Since this virus is here to stay, I figure I’ll be getting it sooner or later and wanted a good bone broth to have on hand for nourishing the immune system now &/or during the illness & convalescing.
Ps. The broth is still simmer on the stove as of this post, so if there is anything I’ve left out please share what you think I should add.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter