How many seasons do you have at your house?
Let's do something for fun this is my list of the many seasons we have in west central PA.
Winter - in bad years can have snow on the ground from Oct - May
Mid winter break - all the snow melts.
Second Winter more of the first!
Spring of Deception - HAHA just kidding waether
Hit you hard winter - 1 more major snow storm.
Groundhog spring - I better not post what we do to grandhogs where we live.
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th you get the idea winters - these are what my dad used to call the onion snow, pea snow, daffadill - you get the idea. All these snows have names.
Mud season - we had that one all last winter, sorry I forgot we had ice storms thrown in about every week for good measure!
Actual spring - 1-2 days on 70'
Summer - we hit 70' for 2 straight days - there is dancing in the streets! We hit 80' and everybody is dieing from the heat.
False fall 40 - 50' - this one can last for 2-3 months with a few 70' thrown in.
Second summer - 80-90' this is always after the kids go back to school. Mostly last 2-3 weeks.
Actual Fall - leaves have already fallen
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter