For the Writers and Aspiring Writers
I have been keeping this quiet for a few weeks, but it's time to announce that I have a story coming out in the next Chicken Soup for the Soul book, Laughter is the Best Medicine. It will be released on April 14th, and it's the first paid writing I've done in a good long while!
If that's your thing, they pay 200.00 for each story or poem that they publish. I'll get 10 copies of the book this week or next, and the check in mid May. I submitted the story (about meeting my best friend when I tried to help her return a lost chicken) way back in September or October, so it's not quick money.
Everything is submitted online, using their form, and they did edit my story pretty heavily - made it better in a way that I didn't see. They have a tone that they want to use. There are several calls for stories up on their website now. The deadlines and what they are looking for is in each book description. Here's the page you will want to go to if you want to give it a try.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter