Quick Tips To Create A Beautiful Flowerbed/Garden
We've all seen those yards or gardens where everyone stops and just stares because their flower beds are just so gorgeous.
The first thing which goes through my mind is they must have either studied or worked for a horticulturist at one point in their life.
But there actually is some really easy tricks we can utilize to quickly and easily create that beautiful display in our own yards. Here's one of them .
Feed your flowering shrubs easily with your garbage. Save all old overripe fruits and your fruit and vegetable peels then dig them into the top 2” of soil around your flowers. This gives instant and extended fertilization for your plants as the fruits break down in your ground.
In other words, it's an on-going fertilization plan all season long without you having to go out there and keep re-doing it every month or so.
Try it... you'll find it really does work!
*Hint: start first by feeding your rose bushes either banana peels or else just dig in any old overripe bananas. Be careful and don't go too deep though, a rose bush's roots start just a few inches under the soil line. But you will end up with a beautiful display of flowering roses once you start doing it.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 466 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 539 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 400 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 109 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter