Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Tonight/March 26, at 7 pm central... reminder for those interested in watching — The Grow Network Community
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

-Jack Canfield

Tonight/March 26, at 7 pm central... reminder for those interested in watching

silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Name Changed from Prepping 101 to Intro to Preparedness

Comments

• EarlKellyEarlKelly Penn state master gardener Northeastern Pennsylvania zone 5bPosts: 227 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz forgot to let you know that I came across this discussion and signed up for the class. Figured you can teach an old dog new tricks, and wanted to see what they had to offer. Can never get enough training in various things. Thanks for the info. Loved the classes so far.

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EarlKelly No matter what or how much I learn there are always others that know more 🙄

Since the co v mess many people are coming forward with learning gifts without charging their fee. We are a very blessed Country with many many good and talented people..

Sometimes the skill was already learned but long ago practiced. Many reasons for refreshers...I'm glad you are enjoying their classes.

Check out 'Survival Dispatch' One of my fav's of thiers is Alan Key walks through the woods identifying wild things for eating and/or healing, and does a very good job with the id part, considering things about each plant esp plants that look, to varying degrees like the edible one, that are not to be eaten and/or used for healing. His description of each plant he highlights is zoomed in on for a very good view as well the the plant, or plants that commonly grow nearby for further confirmation you have the plant you think you have...Better than any of the books I've seen. The only written material I've found that I like as well as his production I posted about 6 months ago. I can't remember who did it but is well known and his work is well recieved. The vid he did was a walk through the big park in New York...I think..and he shared a link for the download. If you're interested in looking at it and can't find it let me know and I'll look for it.

• EarlKellyEarlKelly Penn state master gardener Northeastern Pennsylvania zone 5bPosts: 227 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz will do thanks. Oh talked with by buddy Sean. He only knew of the heat mat to help germination also. He did say if you didn’t have one to place your tray on the top of the refrigerator to help. Good luck and keep me informed on how you make out.

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EarlKelly Thanks for asking him. I"m going to order at least one heat mat for the peppers...The top of my fridge is not warm lol...don't know why...all my other fridge's were.

If you grow taters, sweet or otherwise check out what I'm posting re 'build your own' to grow taters in....

@silvertipgrizz absolutely I will, trying to get a new fence up around my garden area. Deer love potato plants. They are now in my yard almost every night to see what they can eat. Did a number on my potato crop.