Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Looking for Corn Growing Tips- for my Lawn — The Grow Network Community
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Looking for Corn Growing Tips- for my Lawn

Megan VenturellaMegan Venturella Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I gave up growing corn in the past because I never planted enough to get great pollination, but I want to try it again this year and sacrifice some of my lawn. I still don't have a lot of space, but that's the ONLY space to try it. My original idea was to put down cardboard, lay out compost, and plant directly into the compost. My next idea after an evening of youtube, was to plant the corn right into my lawn. I have a rabbit who runs wild, and a few chickens that always get out, so I might not be realistic here. Everything I do has to be really well protected- still, before I go to all the effort, I thought I'd just put it out there and see if anyone else has tried either of these methods? This is a unique group with great ideas. You never know!

And if you have tried this, please tell me what kind of spacing you used. Thank you!