Too many eggs. Any recipes for lots of eggs?
Normally at this time, I would be hatching chicks and selling eating eggs. I don't have my chickens separated yet (kind of slow here), and the kids' regular egg buyers are not accessible right now due to Covid.
This gives us a lot of eggs, and it looks like as of today, that more have started laying. We have 9 1/2 dozen in the fridge right now and at least 18 coming in each day.
We are a large family and can consume a lot of eggs in one sitting, however, I don't want anyone to get tired of them.
At this point, eggs are a go for regular breakfast, boiled eggs are going to be available for snacks, eggnog is very likely. Cream puffs have been suggested. We like Dutch pancakes (we use 12 eggs for 2 pancakes) and quiche is good if we make cheese and can access bacon. Egg noodles are good as long as we have access to flour or have good enough wheat to grind our own.
But, I want some new ideas for recipes.
Any other ideas for high egg content recipes?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter