My first earthquake! Now I'm feeling weird.
Around 6 pm (Mountain Time), we had a pretty good shake here in Adams County, Idaho. According to the news, it was a 6.5, and centered roughly 80 miles from Council, over near Challis.
I didn't catch on at first, and thought the washer was way off balance in the spin cycle. Then a few things fell off the shelves, and a kitchen cabinet popped open. No real damage reported. My propane tanks and furnace seem to be OK. No hissing, or bad smells. I think we got lucky.
It only lasted 30 seconds or so, but made me really dizzy, and now, and hour and a half later, I'm still feeling queasy. Does anyone have experience with post earthquake nausea and a feeling of unsteadiness? I'm guessing it will pass, and I'm gonna have a nice cup of chamomile tea and go to bed early. I thought about ginger but that doesn't really appeal to me at this moment.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter