Hello, Friends, We come in peace!

blevinandwomba
blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Encouragement

Greetings, Dear Humans-

We, as representatives of the World Hedgehog Community, are overjoyed to be introduced to this delightful Grow Network Community. Perhaps you have heard of our recent efforts to better organize for the benefit of society. Sadly, even if the most positive of movements misunderstandings are bound to occur. To assist in future cordial relations with mankind, we would like to lay several rumors to rest. Namely,

1. That we are doing anything “opportunistic” or “speculative” on the stock market. Hedgehogs are know world-over for our financial responsibility. Everyone knows this.
  2. That we are making back room deals with porcupines, echidnas, and sea urchins. We find this assertion highly offensive; we would never participate in spine-bigotry.
  3. That bands of hedgehogs are frequenting neighborhoods to act as spies. What nonsense. Some local groups have organized to assist in their local communities and check on the welfare of their human neighbors. Manifestly a hedgehogitarian effort.
  4. That we are amassing large numbers of Roombas to use as tanks. Any Roomba accumulation, if it existed, would obviously be because we are so tidy. Similar stories, such as our modifying drone to use as helicoptors, are equally baseless and silly.

Now that we have dismissed these baseless concerns, we hope you will greet our increasing involvement in society with confidence. In the meanwhile, if you have any lingering concerns, we have some delightful literature to recommend. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15137/15137-h/15137-h.htm

If you are wondering about the previous owner of this account, do not be concerned. She has moved entirely off-grid to join a groundhog community, and so had no need of this account.

And so, we wish you joy, Humans, and....

A very happy April 1!

Comments

• Happy April 1st! Enjoyed reading this hedgehogs account!

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

@blevinandwomba ha, ha, good one! I want to run off an join the hedgehogs too!

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Oh my, that was strange. One moment I was talking to this little spiny guy at my door who said asked me if I wanted to take a survey, the next I woke up head-first in a groundhog hole. Thankfully, the groundhogs let me use their solar powered phone, though they did drop several hints about being tired of all these unexpected guests. Strangely, when I got back to civilization I saw that my profile pic had been changed...