Rabbits won't mate
I finally got 3 of my American Chinchilla rabbits to look the way I would like - I tan their skins - and they won' mate. They are also great a great meat breed. I had to wait a while because of the winter, and now two are one year old, one is their mother. My other rabbits are OK but these three are giving Papa a very hard time.
I've inspected their vents (seem rosy enough and wet), given them apple cider vinegar, my buck is quite assertive. But no go. they seemed to have closed up shop!! Someone suggested waiting until a year old is tricky, so......
Any suggestions? I've heard about taking them for a ride in the car. moon time. what else has worked for you?
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter