What do you forage for in your area?
I know most of us are supposed to be staying home, unless getting some much needed exercise. When you can what do you plan to forage for in your area? How far do you normally travel to forage things?
I forage around my yard the most, but I have been reading a book about plants I can forage for in my range. Now when we go anywhere include on off-road rides, I find myself staring down at the sides of the roads looking for any plants I might recognize. We do lots of off-reading out on desert trails so I have found many different kinds of prickly pear that I was able to convince hubby to stop and let me pick some. After tasting the lemonade I made with it, he will stop for all kinds of foraging ventures. We have also found yucca fruit, which roasted tastes like cooked apples. I have not ventured into making flour with those seeds but heard you can.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter