First-year gardener - how are my seed starts doing?
I am new here and to gardening. I am wondering how my seed starts are doing. It's been about 24 days (so just over 3 weeks) since I sowed these.
What I am wondering is,
- Are my tomato seedlings growing slowly?
- Is it time to remove (thin) out the ones that arent doing as well as its "cell mates"?
- The chamomille germinated like crazy, is it getting too crowded? If so, what should I do about it?
- There is some green "stuff" on the top layer of soil on some of the cells (particularly one tomato)
If there is anything else you would like to comment on, feel free to do so. I am eager to learn :)
Images (click to enlarge):
Direct links to the images if the embed doesnt work:
Thanks for your time!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter