Too funny!! Been stuck in the house so long I lost track of the days!

kbmbillups1
kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about you guys but I have totally lost track of which day of the week it is! Sometimes I do that during the summer as well when my whole family is home but I'm really bad right now! Even though our church is having service online on Sunday mornings I guess it's just not the same. That's my anchor for the week during the summer. Right now I have no anchor to remember which day of the week it is!

I feel like I did when I was a child during the summer. I'd completely lose track of the days of the week and summer seemed endless. Of course it was quite a bit longer than it is for school kids these days as well.

Anyway, I got on the lunch conference call and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear anything but music. HA HA! I finally asked my husband if today was Friday and he laughed at me and said no today is THURSDAY! 😂😂 I had even looked up the difference in time zones - thought maybe I'd gotten the time wrong! 😂

My husband has to be online to teach everyday so he hasn't lost track of the days. He says he wished he could lose track of them instead of being frustrated with having to come up with digital lessons for orchestra and having to contact his students over and over to get them to complete them.

All of us (my daughters included) cannot wait for this shelter in place to come to an end. Praying the virus numbers get better faster than expected so we can get back to normal!

Comments

• herbantherapy
    herbantherapy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

My grandma called me twice yesterday and I told her I would call when got home from work (I am a cemetery manager and work in the office on a staggered schedule with my assistant). She was really surprised it wasn’t Saturday!!! Lol

• Karin
    Karin Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

The longer we are in lockdown, the more surreal and dreamlike it gets! At first, tried to stay in some sort of routine, but now am totally forgetting what day it is, even what time it is!! Nearly missed a work meeting via Zoom this morning due to day forgetfulness.....

• kbmbillups1

I know what you mean - surreal and dreamlike is a great way to describe it.

I am so excited that our shelter in place is over tomorrow except for medically fragile and seniors which has been extended until June 12th.

My college age daughter had to move from one apartment to another today and we were worried someone might try to stop us, call the police, or something. No one said a word. But I must have asked my husband 10 times what day of the week it was! Even my younger daughter forgot tomorrow is Friday. She thought it was Saturday and she was preparing to go to work. She was SO EXCITED to find out she could sleep in b/c Friday is a catch up digital learning day now - no new work.

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Well, I think this is one of the best things to happen to me...but don't tell anyone....I don't want these lawbreakers to get any further ideas.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,561 admin

With a lack of the routine of going places, it is easy to lose track of days. In some ways, I don't mind. It is nice to not have to get big meals done early so that we can get to _____ on time.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

As I am older, this quarantine is a break for me. It is giving me more time to garden. I could use a full-time gardener. My husband has been able to do the pruning and a bit more so that helps. He has Parkinson's so he cannot do a lot. As for the day of the week, I confess to checking the date on the computer just to make sure. I try to check my calendar every day so I don't get out of the habit. The main thing I am doing with it is crossing out the various things that I had scheduled. Tomorrow was supposed to be the start of a week's vacation in Charleston, SC, but that we cancelled as tours and such are closed. Alabama is opening up a few things, that is, some small businesses but not hair salons yet. My appointment was for 2 days ago so I am starting to look pretty bad.

• kbmbillups1

@MissPatricia Salons and barber shops as well as a few other things opened last Friday here. My husband got a haircut on Saturday. There are a lot of restrictions though. Hope they open the ones in your state soon. I also hope you get to go to Charleston soon. We had a great time there a few years taking a Tours By Foot walking tour. Our tour guide filled us in on everything from history to architecture. I can't remember what else we did so I guess that was the most memorable thing. We had a great time though.