Good Things to Know About Drinking Soda!

Comments

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I read the title of your post I thought you were sharing actual good things that happen to your body when you drink soda. 🤣🤣

I have tried to share these things with a friend of mine who drinks 2 Dr. Peppers every morning. She told me she wasn't stopping no matter what any expert said and that she needs her Dr. Peppers.

I stopped buying soda for our family probably 8 years ago. I figured if it wasn't in the house we couldn't drink it. It was hard for everyone at first but we got over the addiction quickly. I know my kids get sodas when they go out to eat with friends sometimes but the say the don't taste good anymore (too sweet and taste like chemicals) so they don't even finish one glass.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

⬆️ Me too! I wondered if maybe she was posting about homemade types. Homemade gingerale is awesome.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

LaurieLovesLearning You make homemade ginger ale? Any chance of sharing how you do that?

• OhiohillsLouise
    OhiohillsLouise Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

This is information everybody needs to read. Kombucha is now one of my favorite drinks. The article also mentions rooibos. For those not familiar with it, it tastes remarkably like tea but it is not tea and does not contain caffeine.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

I make home made ginger ale! Here is a good basic recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87793/homemade-ginger-ale/