Easy Growing Plant Hacks

shllnzl
shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Vegetables

This is fun video showing briefly how to grow plants from unexpected sources. I confess that there were a few fruits that I did not recognize. It might be fun to try some of these for homeschooling.

I watched the video again in full screen and saw the labels for the unknown fruits.

Comments

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

That's very cool, thanks for sharing that!

• shllnzl

@seeker.nancy You're welcome. I may watch it again sometime just for fun.

I don't think I have enough lifetime left to start a walnut tree from seed, though.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl I saw that looking for aloe stuff a long time ago. It made me wonder and still does about ways to incorporate more potassium into start up plants for that extra boost without having to use up a perfectly good nanna lol.

• shllnzl

@silvertipgrizz I too thought I would not waste a banana on one plant, especially aloe, because you can plant the unrooted cutting and get it to grow roots by adding water from time to time. To waste a banana, I would put several plant cuttings into it.

I thought the potato in the fish tank was pretty slick.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl

I'll have to watch it again as I don't remember the tater part lol.

• Karin
    Karin Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

Really good idea for those who can't be bothered cleaning out their fishtanks lol

• Melinda
    Melinda Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

Very cool. Thank you.

• jmachledt
    jmachledt Posts: 26 ✭✭✭

Fun video with creative ideas! Thanks for sharing!

• shllnzl

Two days ago, I took the brown tinged base of a romaine lettuce and stuck it in dirt. I added a small amount of water. Look what I see today:

• Alison
    Alison Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Some of the ideas were good, but I must say I am adverse to using perfectly good fruit and veggies as growing containers when seeds can be scooped out and put in the potting mix straight up.

Some look good as fun projects for kids to help their interest in gardening build.