Have you had any happy surprises in your garden this spring?
I planted a June berry (Service berry) several years ago and it's just sort of limped along. The deer almost took it out in 2019, but this year it bloomed for the first time! It has set quite a bit of fruit. I'm so happy to have fresh fruit around the corner even if it's only a bit.
Is there anything that you had nearly given up on or even forgotten about that's finally coming into its own?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter