Where are you with your garden this year?

13»

Comments

• Owl
    Owl Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Mommamo, I forgot to ask, how do you can your greens? Mine are lovely but I didn’t know you could can them.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope to be transplanting my Milk Thistle into a larger pot soon!

• Owl

mommamo, another question: how do you can your greens? I have a lovely crop (for the first time ever) and would love to can some.

• dianne.misspooz
    dianne.misspooz Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

I'm battling weeds. :(

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

@kmartin.mail I love your cloches. Are they glass?

• Owl

I’m in zone 7b, here in Alabama. We are having squash and onions tonight for the first time this year and my mouth waters just thinking about it, lol! I know that Johnny’s Seeds can advise you on the best short season varieties to grow. Their catalog tells you exactly how many days of growing that each plant requires before harvest. I could spend an absolute fortune just in that catalog every year! They also have tutorials and fact sheets on their website that have been invaluable to me since I’m so new to this whole gardening thing. Their customer service people are also extremely knowledgeable and accommodating if you need help. (No, I don’t have any affiliation with them.)

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am getting strawberries, blackberries and a raspberry this year! The strawberries are small but so far enough for breakfast 😀

• drpclarke
    drpclarke Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

I was in the process of starting up a nursery this year with all edible plants. Because of that, I was late on everything this year. Heck, I'm still putting tomato plants although I am up to over 300 tomato plants in the ground because I over thought how well the tomato plants would sell at the farmers market. Hopefully, I will be able to sell the fruits of the tomato better than I did the plants when I take them to the market.

• Owl

Drpclark, how did you do with your nursery this year? I’m curious to know if you did better with plants or fruits at your farmer’s market?