Lori Valentine Rose, PhD, RH – Herbs Aren’t Kale: How To Grow Medicinal Herbs At Home

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited November 2020 in Home Grown Food Summit 2020

imageLori Valentine Rose, PhD, RH – Herbs Aren’t Kale: How To Grow Medicinal Herbs At Home

Read the full story here

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi Everyone, Lori will be on shortly. Gosh, she is so knowledgable.

• katsflowers
    katsflowers Posts: 1

I loved her teaching, I couldn't find the button to press at the end to get a free 50 herb list.

• misunmoser
    misunmoser Posts: 4

mee too, I couldn't find the button to press at the end to get a free 50 herb list

• Sheryl
    Sheryl Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

Neither could I find the button for the free 50 herb list. I even typed in the bitly code and it was not listed. Hopefully Marjory will add a link on the Grow Network page.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Ditto, url for the info is not working.

• solarnoon.aspen
    solarnoon.aspen Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Yes, I really enjoyed this session. Could not find the button for the growing of 50 herbs.

• deetodd1
    deetodd1 Posts: 1

I really enjoy this presentation. I would love to have the correct link for the list of 50 herbs.

• Adele
    Adele Posts: 18

No button for the excel spreadsheet for growing herbs...

Lori's presentation was excellent. The specific tips for growing the 16 herbs were very valuable. I have some of the seeds for these plants, and realize some may be better started in other ways. I also appreciated Lori's conversational manner and willingness to show vulnerability as she recounted some of her own mistakes and shortcomings (forgetting to water!). Now I just hope Marjory provides the link for the spreadsheet. Thanks!

• Karen
    Karen Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

Thank you for great information. Would also like to have link for the list of 50 herbs. Lots of information to process.The herbs would be so fresh and really work well medicinally. Did not know Catnip had so many uses. Listening in from South Dakota.

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

I'm using a laptop so I just paused the video, typed the address, copied it, opened a new tab, and pasted to the address bar. Here's what I got for the spreadsheet.

And this is her site . Hope this is ok?

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

It took me quite a while to get it but to open it I had to download the app "Dropbox". It's free for up to a certain amount of storage, pretty generous size. I believe my steps were to type in the "bit" address, then to choose to download it. When I tried to open that file it just sat there so I downloaded the app (I have used it before so already had an acct) and opened it that.

• cavymomma
    cavymomma Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Great info! I'm ready to 'branch out' (LOL) and start growing my own medicinal herbs. Also in central(ish) Texas, so Lori's info is spot-on for what should work well for me. Thank you :-)

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

I did a chart similar to this just recently as soon as I got my herb seeds in the mail. How cool is that?

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had little time this go round to watch much of anything but I did get to see a few. As always the group of presenters are amazing and I am very grateful for the opportunity to learn from them. I did make the time to see at the last minute..this morning, this presentation as learning herbs is one of my utmost important goals as I already want to never grace another building that includes big pharma or big drug/rx/pharma ever again... this presentation taught me so much not only about herbs but also about a possibility of some of this info helping with low germination rate regarding veggies for which I love to grow and eat.

Thank you TGN for another great group of presenters...

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed. Are most herbs difficult to start? I am thinking about basil, but I have tried to start others and had small success.