I went outside this morning about 7:30AM in sweat pants and a sweatshirt and couldn't take it anymore within 10 minutes. It was SO-o-o hot! The thermometer said 74 degrees. So I came back in and changed to shorts and a T-shirt.
By 12Noon I was back in to change back to the sweatpants and double layer of sweatshirts. It was 46 degrees lower than it was just 4 1/2 hours ago.
Now by 1PM it has dropped down into the 20's and the winds are blowing like crazy. Half the time the wind gusts feel like they want to take me along with them.
And this is early May. I should be able to start planting some Summer crops by now and here I am trying to protect the Spring crops from total failure.
So I guess that means we should be hitting around 0 degrees again tonight since the weatherman just mentioned the winds are first today and the cold front is behind them.
Oh the joys of being a gardener! And can't you just imagine what all those first time gardeners (because of this virus) are trying to figure out how in the world do I actually get a crop of anything to grow?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter