Spiced pancakes with berries

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

Don't know how I missed seeing this post earlier. Great recipe! Thanks for posting. I have added cinnamon to pancakes and waffles but would never have thought to add cayenne and paprika. Excellent way to get circulatory herbs into our diet!

• Homestead Hubby
    Homestead Hubby Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

this looks awesome. how spicy were they.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey

@Homestead Hubby

To me 1/2 tsp is way too much cayenne pepper, and I would not even consider putting paprika in pancakes...I save all my paprika for my chili. When I get a chance to try this recipe I will add just a little cayenne in with the berries to taste for a little flare in flavor and health and keep adding until I got it right for my taste. And no yogurt atop my pancakes, just the berry syrup, or even honey and berry syrup.

Sounds like you've already made some Torey? If so how were they? Was the heat too much for you or just right?

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

@silvertipgrizz Finally got around to trying these. I didn't put the full amount of either the cayenne or the paprika; only about half of each with the full amount of cinnamon. You could hardly taste any spice except the cinnamon. Next time I will kick it up to the full amount in the recipe. I made waffles with it instead of pancakes.

• tammyrichardsmt9
    tammyrichardsmt9 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

Sounds very interesting...pretty sure no one here (except my hubby) would even try these if I made them. 😥

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

eventually I will try them and let you all know how I tweeked them and how they turned out.

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.