Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

tobacco and the virus — The Grow Network Community
WHAT'S CHANGING IN 2021 AND HOW TO NAVIGATE IT
a free community call lead by Marjory Wildcraft this Sunday, January 24 at 2pm CST

register here➥ howtopreparefor2021.com

tobacco and the virus

judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 2,996 admin
edited November 2020 in COVID-19/Coronavirus

I find it interesting that the Corona Virus doesn't seem to affect smokers or make them as sick, as non-smokers. It makes sense when you realize that tobacco smoke kills viruses and that this virus lives in the nose and bronchial. As the Bible says, "Let every seed bearing herb go unto the nourishment of your body." There is certainly a place for tobacco in herbal medicine.... of course American medicine will NOT admit that!

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 3,401 admin

Not to be contrary, but I read/heard that it was actually the opposite. The thought was because the lungs of a smoker are already compromised/damaged, smokers will have a harder time when the virus affects their lungs/breathing. I also heard/read that in countries where smoking is very common, those are the countries that had the most extreme sickness & deaths.

I don't have a source, but just sharing what I have come across via news, etc. I have read & heard a lot on this whole time, so I can't give a specific source. Do you have a source, @judsoncarroll4? I would be curious to know.

• judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 2,996 admin
    edited May 2020

Mainly anecdotal.... but, I also read this article in the Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/french-study-suggests-smokers-at-lower-risk-of-getting-coronavirus But, that is also in context of of a whole lot of info gathered by the late Dr. WC Douglass, who contributed a great deal tot eh Weston A Price Foundation. He believed that tobacco smoke could help with rhino viruses... My guess is that some, moderate smoke may inhibit viruses in the nose, throat and bronchials…. long term damage by heavy smoking would negate any benefit. But, I'm not a doctor and do not claim to offer any medical advice

• AdantaeAdantae Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

There are not many people knowing about the health benefits of organic tobacco. Its leaves can be chewed or swallowed or stuck to some parts of the body, and some are sucking powder tobacco through the nose to get the benefits. Thought you might find this of interest based on the commentary above….

Eliminate HIV / AIDS Virus

Organic tobacco can also produce a protein medicine for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS, called griffithsin. HIV is a virus that infects cells of the human immune system. This griffithsin protein stops the formation of HIV virus in the body.

Anticancer Protein

Tobacco is not always a negative connotation as a cause of cancer, it can also produce the anti-cancer protein that is useful for cancer patients. This is based on the result of the research from Dr. Arief Budi Witarto Meng. He is a researcher at the Center for Research Biotechnology Institute of Sciences Indonesia (LIPI). Thus, we can found the health benefits of organic tobacco now.

In addition, according to the research from Dr. Khalid El Sayed, the Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at ULM, the leaf, and flower of organic tobacco give some benefits. They contain high amounts of the key flavor ingredient called cembranoids. Surprisingly, cembranoid ingredients of tobacco show a good result as anticancer agents. It can also prevent the high incidence and death rate of breast and prostate cancer types.

Cheers,