Whitewashing (Limewashing) & Milk paint
Above are two recipes. I have read over & over how whitewashing or using milk paint on buildings is a great way to preserve wood & keep the mites & lice issues down in coops & barns. It does need to be reapplied every so often, however.
Have you ever done this to any of your animal housing? What is your experience?
We have talked about this for the wooden sections of our coops and possibly in/on our little barn.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter