Best Resources for Square Foot Gardening

jmachledt
jmachledt Posts: 26 ✭✭✭

What are your best sources/recommendations on square foot garden plans (including succession planting and companion planting) that also gives guidance as to how many of what kinds of plants per square AND when to plant each?

I put in a loan request for Mel's book at our library, but it will be 8 weeks - so I'm looking for free online links to helpful charts, if possible.

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon has a Kindle version of the book for $9.99.

(Silly me, I gave my copy away when I moved, since I was moving to a more desert environment. I will probably buy the e-book version when I am ready to get serious again.)

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,519 admin

Well, I researched this just yesterday & we plan on making a homemade copy of what we found. If you look up the seeding square, you can find pictures. If you look up the site, you can find a companion chart, instructions & seeding key chart. Or...you can most likely find the planting tool at a seed place near you &/or online (Amazon, etc.).

About when to plant each...I found a chart suggesting when to plant things here so that I don't have to think about it quite as much. It will make life easier. My found chart is for my province.

Under one of the TGN sessions, there was a link below for US residents to find suggested planting times for each state. Maybe someone here has the link? Sorry, I didn't save it, as it doesn't work for Canada.

• Kelley
    Kelley Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

a friend of mine did this in his apartment when he lived in France. It was awesome and so productive he was giving away his veggies.