Adventures in High Performance Gardening 18 - BIG Garden Harvest
Hey growers! In this episode of Adventures in High Performance Gardening, Lynn and I share tips on growing cucumbers, squash, and green beans. The garden has flourished this season and while I recover from my Mexico trip, I haven't been able to stop giving away food!
Lynn found a few squash bugs. Similar to what we do with weeds, dealing with pests is easy if you're proactively on patrol. Still wish we never had them...
These Colorado conditions keep us on the move - 11 weeks from frost and we have much to do! Planting this late can still be fruitful, though. We threw in some more lettuce, green beans, and handcuffed our little cucumbers and winter squash.
I've been harvesting tons of carrots, turnips, chard, kale, basil, cilantro, and more for the last few weeks *DE-LIC -IOUS*
Want a garden like mine? Learn from us in our fun series: Adventures in High Performance Gardening 1 - 33
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter