Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

SEED SWAP - CANADA 🇨🇦 — The Grow Network Community
We are franker towards others than towards ourselves.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

SEED SWAP - CANADA 🇨🇦

LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning ModeratorManitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 3,684 admin
edited October 2020 in Seed Swaps

**Canadian residents only**

Here are a few guidelines to keep the swaps running well:

1. Please post your extra seeds that you are willing to swap or give away in this thread. Don't be stingy. Be generous in your giving! Mark these as "SWAP:" or "GIVE AWAY:"

2. Feel free to post what you are searching for too! Mark these as "WANTED:"

3. Please state your location as: BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, etc.

4. The sender assumes the cost of postage, as it should be minimal anyway.

No money is to change hands for seeds under this heading.

5. Check your province's list of invasives first, if speaking for seeds, to make sure you are complying before speaking for seeds. We don't want to cause a problem for ourselves or others.

6. Seal your smaller seeds in a small baggie or paper envelope before sending, ensuring that they can't escape!

7. DO NOT post personal contact information in this thread. PM the poster about the seed to exchange applicable info privately.

8. If the seeds are spoken for and you have none left, please contact a moderator and ask a mod to edit/update your offer in this category as "SOLD"

9. If you have any questions that have not been covered above, please contact a moderator.

Lets build community!

Thank you, and have fun! 🌱

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 3,684 admin

Zone 3, MB

SWAP: Native chokecherry

Ours are black & we have a huge harvest of them this year. I understand that we have two types, both black, and that seems more obvious this year as one type is ripening slower. The earlier type is "sweeter" if you wish to call it sweet. Please indicate which you would like. Now is the time I can easily identify both types, so it's the best time to request seeds.

I might also be able to obtain Manitoba native grape seed. These grapes are small & dark purple & make the most beautiful jelly.

Pincherries & wild saskatoon seeds may still be available. I would have to check.

Cold stratification is most likely needed for any of these to grow.

WANTED: Elderberry cuttings (certain cultivars) or gooseberry

...but at the right time of year. I would consider it too hot & too dry right now in my area.

I am also open to gooseberry & other berry types that I may not have. If you have something else entirely different, I may be open to trying that too. 😀 Medicinals could be interesting.