Logging Remedies Book (by a member, recommended by members)

alindsay22
alindsay22 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got tired of not being able to remember or find stuff when I needed it and my total disorganization (along with an aging brain) so I made a 300 page log book to record everything about herbal medicine - plants, recipes, ailments, patients, wild crafting/growing patterns etc... I was apprehensive to share it here because I wasn't sure it was anything anyone else would ever want - I've never written anything before. It was a total learning experience. It's started to sell on Amazon, so I guess I wasn't the only one and feel more confident sharing..

It was inspired in part by this group so I also wanted to say thanks! This forum is my go to.

Anne

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Health-Comprehensive-organization-conditions/dp/B084Q9WK8T/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?cv_ct_cx=herbal+medicine+journal+natural+medicine&dchild=1&keywords=herbal+medicine+journal+natural+medicine&pd_rd_i=B084Q9WK8T&pd_rd_r=b330dcd5-ff1f-499e-8f0e-0182cb377565&pd_rd_w=YlUP6&pd_rd_wg=epZlp&pf_rd_p=d027eaac-7531-45fe-a61e-20ae30db06de&pf_rd_r=VC9DHNSG51WJGEAJHWCQ&psc=1&qid=1589743110&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc

Comments

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,456 admin

Oh... I was going to suggest, "Be careful how you swing an axe.." LOL! This is very cool - I'll check it out!

• Gail H
    Gail H Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭

@alindsay22 Wow! This looks wonderful! I would love to purchase one. Is there any other avenue for obtaining your book? I don't use Amazon.

• alindsay22

@Gail H Not at the moment. I guess if you want to send me the money (Venmo or Zelle) I could buy one and ship to your address?

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,513 admin

@alindsay22 I mentioned your book to @Marjory Wildcraft. Perhaps you might be able to work out something with her?

• drpclarke
    drpclarke Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

That is outstanding. I will look for it.

• alindsay22

@LaurieLovesLearning just realized that this post might break forum rules - sorry. Please take it down if it does.

A-

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited May 2020

@alindsay22 No, I don't think that it does. We do have an area for give away, sell, buy, barter in Marketplace. Just wait to repost this in there until you here from either Marjory or me.

I shot an email off to Marjory to see what she thinks of your book. No need to worry. 😊 I think it is a positive thing.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,613 admin
    edited May 2020

@Shay @ TGN can you contact @alindsay22 about presenting at the upcoming HMS 202 on the topic of how create a home medicine journal It would be an awesome topic! Families would love this, especially generations later. @lindsay22 are the pages in your book 100 year paper? copying @Merin Porter and @LaurieLovesLearning here on this thread. @Merin Porter adn @Ruth Ann Reyes lets discuss if this would work in our store or not...

• Gail H
    Gail H Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭

@alindsay22 That is kind of you to offer. It looks like more avenues for distribution may be opening up for you, so I will see how that pans out.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,613 admin

Oh yes, this kind of post does belong in the marketplace.

In general I do want to encourage members to buy sell trade and share!

• Karin
    Karin Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

Looks great! Good on you :)

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@alindsay22 I looked at Amazon, there are no pictures or examples of how it's laid out, can you share a few. It looks beautiful and I'm a bit schizophrenic when it comes to my stuff and really could use a good organizational journal!

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alindsay22 When I looked at it on Amazon there is a look inside. If you click on the picture of the book, it takes you to a look inside the book. Shows a few different pages of the book. alindsay22 I love this. Can't wait until I can get a chance to purchase.

• lmrebert

@vickeym ohhh I see it now, I never clicked on the picture of the book just the 2 pics! Love this and definitely going to purchase on Friday! @alindsay22

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome! That is a fantastic journal, congrats on all your hard work. May it sell like hot cakes!

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin

Awesome, I just ordered mine!

• alindsay22

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

• Melissa Swartz
    Melissa Swartz Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

This is a really great idea. I hope it really takes off for you!

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,632 admin

@alindsay22 This is quite the amazing project! To get it to the point that it is on Amazon is no small feat! I know from experience how difficult the publishing process can be. Great way for a beginning herbalist to get started on the right track as it can be quite intimidating learning how to sort and store all the information for each herb. The cross referencing is invaluable.

Well done!!!

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love what I can see in the preview on Amazon. Can't wait till after payday and see if there is enough left to purchase it or if I have to wait a little longer. Thank you so much for all your hard work putting this all together. It will help so many folks not only in knowing what information could be useful but in how to organize it so it will be easy to figure out later when they pick it up after an time away for any reason.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@alindsay22 ehat an awesome endeavor. I started a couple of “notebooks “, punching holes in printouts and adding my personal notes from “lessons”; one for herbs/medicine and another for gardening stuff. Your book is probably something that will help me get it all together. How awesome! I’d love to see a presentation in the home medicine summit as well as add this to my collection of useful books.

• lmrebert

@alindsay22 just ordered you book!!! Pray for me I will become organized 🤣🤣🤣

• LaurieLovesLearning

@alindsay22 It is available here on Amazon too. I am happy to see it in Canada.

I can't see inside it somehow though, but trust the reviews of others in this thread and like what I hear in the description. It is on my list of books to buy.

• alindsay22
    edited May 2020

@Imrebert Thanks so much! I will. I've been using it now for a few months, I already refer back to it - but my brain is old. I'd love to hear feedback on how to improve it. And please leave a review so I can sell a few more copies!

• alindsay22
    edited May 2020

@LaurieLovesLearning if you click on my author page, I separated it into 3 smaller books as well - The Recipes, The Plants and The Ailments. If you want to take the time to see the whole book, you could look in each of them. Amazon "Look Inside" feature doesn't work on a phone and only gives you so many pages.

• LaurieLovesLearning

Oh, that explains a lot. I knew that I'd see that feature in the past & was confused as to why it wasn't there. Haha Thanks!

• Momma Mo
    Momma Mo Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Looks good! Glad your hard work is paying off!

This Week's Leaders