Taters every where..

Comments

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

I’d rather plant leafy greens because they have more calcium, proteins and carbs, and provide energy. They’re healthier for the body

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do love my potatoes! I think comfort food is as important as anything in a survival situation. Nutrition, of course, but never underestimate the importance of comforting and filling food.

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

I do believe potatoes would be great in a survival situation but disagree with the white potatoes photo they used. Sweet and purple potatoes are so much higher in vitamins, which many white potatoes lack in. I for one struggle to grow white potatoes at my house. They always die and or rot before I get any food out of them. Sweet potatoes do awesome and they include the greens that @teachercaryn was referring too. Still awful high in carbs but a great treat roasted with a bit of butter and sprinkle of salt.

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

I've concentrated on greens this year although I did harvest the last of my beets and purple carrots yesterday (yum!). In spite of that I have the volunteer white potato bush that had grown nicely and is getting ready to bloom. I'm really curious as to what I will get from it.