Aztec sweet herb (Lippia dulcis)
I saw this herb at the nursery today. I have never heard of it before but it sounds like it would be useful.
Quoting from the plant tag: " A Mexican herb, used at least since the time of the Aztecs for coughs, colds, bronchitis,asthma and colic. ...Since its leaves have an intense sweetness, it is being investigated as a sugar substitute."
It sounds like it might be especially useful for children, being sweet tasting.
Does anyone have any experience with this herb?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter