Our Mimosa tree just up and died!
Last year was no different than the past 2 years. I saw nothing out of the ordinary, we didn't have a real cold winter, no severe drought, we did have more rain than usual last year but we didn't flood. There was a rock edged planting bed around it when we moved here. Last year I planted zinnias in it. This year I haven't even addressed that planting bed so the weeds have taken it over and look happy. 'There was one mimosa seedling in it early this year that I plucked out. Now the only seedling is in my strawberry bed.
It has no signs of life. I've looked around as I drive and see others leafed out and in bloom. Not ours. Dead! What the heck?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter