Cutest Little Fawn I've Ever Seen
Now I live in an area where the white-tailed deer is abundant. For here, daily sightings is just the norm.
But today I got to see a new fawn, the smallest I have ever seen, so me being an animal lover means it was instant love at first sight.
This little one was so frisky and feisty, playing all by herself/himself. (I really don't know if there is a way to tell the difference when they are that young.)
But from the ground up, this little one wasn't more than about 12" tall. But a perfect specimen of an adorable baby deer. Sure makes you wish I could have one of them for a pet.
Of course, I had nothing with me to get a picture of it so I "borrowed" an image from Google to show here but this is a good representation of it. Only this little baby in this pic is still so much taller and more filled out in the body than the cutie I just saw this afternoon. The one I saw had much shorter legs.
Hope all you other animal lovers enjoy this miracle of birth also.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter