Losing weight and gardening?
I found I lose weight and get more lean when gardening. Think it is because I will eat what I grow after all the hard work, but sometimes let bought veggies rot in my fridge before being used.
This guy, Jefferey Restuccio, was an exercise instructor in the military and started as a Groundskeeper in Bostons Botanical Gardens. Wrote a book about tying karate like fitness into gardening, called "Get Fit Through Gardening." It was helpful to see someone else had a similar idea. Just didn't build all the equipment outdoors, use indoor equipment instead. Like his idea, very detailed, and his first edition included his Dad jokes, which made it much better than the second.
What do y'all consider a good garden workout? Do you get in better shape? What routine do you do?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter