Any one ever heard of or used this on your plants?
She (Grandma) had taken an empty gallon container (plastic/milk container), covered the bottom with ammonia, then filled the rest with water. Then she shook it and watered her plants.
Last year, I had tried this on my dying geraniums. Within 2 days, they perked up. Then produced buds everlasting until October. I live in Michigan and they went through frost!
This was sent by one of my groups this morning. I have never heard of this..to my memory.
If any of you could shed light on this, please comment and enlighten those of us who did not know this.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter