City Clothesline

Annac
Annac Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone! We put in a clothesline this year and I am loving how our clothes smell, not to mention how we are saving on our utility costs! We made it without any kind of metal fasteners, which will make replacement or repair easy in the future, hopefully. The kids are even coming around to enjoying hanging clothes.

Are there any ideas for softeners to use in the wash? The towels come in a bit stiff for my liking.

Comments

• Sheila
    Sheila Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

I really haven't found a softener that works well with towels but I bring them in and toss in the dryer for a couple of minutes with my dryer balls and it makes a world of difference.

• Annac
    Annac Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Cool, i appreciate that. Thank you

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin
    edited June 2020

@Annac Welcome here. I would second @Sheila's suggestion. If you have wool dryer balls, that would be a good way to go.

You have a lovely clothesline. Ours is very long, but we could stand to have more lines running with the size of our family.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Welcome to TGN @Annac A really windy day will soften clothes as well. Especially, if it is a cold winter day. Freeze dries them and then blows the frost out.