• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@vickeym

@VickiP

@LaurieLovesLearning

@Mary Linda Bittle

@Lisa Pizza

You all showed interest in the other link, this one is expensive, and this book is very highly thought of, prized by those that have it.

@nicksamanda11

@tomandcara

I found a sample link...get it while you can....

https://starvinlarry.com/2020/04/07/repost-a-failure-of-civility-pdf-version/

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

This link worked great for me this morning. Thank you!!!

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara

@nicksamanda11

getting ready to post the website where I first saw this book. It is a prepper/survival site owned by a tough, resilient, christian and expert on what he sells, as well as podcasts and youtube shows where he talks about important survival tools etc..I am posting in a new discussion so it is not missed by many if I post it here so let me know what you think after you have time to scour his many resources.

• Adantae
    Adantae Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

I really enjoyed the comments above so I wanted to share this resource

I have found it to be very solid and supportive of the conversation.

It contains DIY tips, tools and strategies, recommended reading and yes the ability to purchase if that supports you as well.

Let me know what you think I have found it useful..

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you all for sharing. The information is quite intersting and timely. Unfortunately, it is looking like we could end up needing this kind of information if things continue the way they are now. Praying that things settle down and the craziness stops and people come back to civility.

• silvertipgrizz

@Adantae I read lots from their site as well... I think I get emails from them too...can't remember as I try to read a very large amount on diff topics every day to try to keep up and be ready...for whatever...Thanks for posting this.

• silvertipgrizz

@vickeym Praying with you as well, for our country/men and women....Be ready for the worst of it, and pray and hope for a complete turn around back to some degree of peace so we can get our feet back on even ground and go forward in unity for all our sakes..prayerfully...

• Adantae

Thank you….

During survival times historically cigarets tend to be available even when food is not? So I just could not resist sharing this well documented but yet unknown fact and use for tobacco…

19 health benefits…follow the link below

There are not many people knowing about the health benefits of organic tobacco. Its leaves can be chewed or swallowed or stuck to some parts of the body, and some are sucking powder tobacco through the nose to get the benefits. Thought you might find this of interest based on the commentary above….

Eliminate HIV / AIDS Virus

Organic tobacco can also produce a protein medicine for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS, called griffithsin. HIV is a virus that infects cells of the human immune system. This griffithsin protein stops the formation of HIV virus in the body.

Anti-Cancer

Tobacco is not always a negative connotation as a cause of cancer, it can also produce the anti-cancer protein that is useful for cancer patients. This is based on the result of the research from Dr. Arief Budi Witarto Meng. He is a researcher at the Center for Research Biotechnology Institute of Sciences Indonesia (LIPI). Thus, we can found the health benefits of organic tobacco now.

In addition, according to the research from Dr. Khalid El Sayed, the Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at ULM, the leaf, and flower of organic tobacco give some benefits. They contain high amounts of the key flavor ingredient called cembranoids. Surprisingly, cembranoid ingredients of tobacco show a good result as anticancer agents. It can also prevent the high incidence and death rate of breast and prostate cancer types.

Cheers,

• silvertipgrizz
    edited November 2020

@Adantae Thanks for posting the article. May I suggest you post it as a 'new discussion' under natural and home medicine. That way many others will see it.

I"m agxious to read this...had no idea, other than for rituals for some tribes...

I knew of but had forgotten about the ability of tobacco as an astringent.

• silvertipgrizz

Pretty telling when one trusts wiki over NIH....

• Adantae

Why thank you kindly, I will do as you suggested....

May I suggest you post it as a 'new discussion' under natural and home medicine. That way many others will see it.

Cheers :)

• ieducate2008
    ieducate2008 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I cannot buy into this type of thinking. I do know that everyone needs to be prepared for some type of anomoly. However, humans have been dreaming of some type of disaster for many thousands of years. It hasn't happened. Basically, just be prepared for the unexpected, enjoy life, and live on this beautiful planet that's been around for more than a billion years. There's no sense worrying about potential catastrophes. Right now, there are many people out there who are trying to make money on fears of people. I say, just be practical, live each day to the fullest, and have a small stash in case the food supply dwindles. No sense worrying. It won't help!

• valizona
    valizona Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@silvertipgrizz thanks for posting link to book. looks great. It's refreshing to see the experts pushing a plan that involves working together. duh. But also more difficult to implement if you dont KNOW your neighbors. This is one alterior motive I have for wanting to organize my neighborhood's backyard-- or front-- gardening program. Cuz if you work alongside with someone, you're going to get to know them. Break down walls and build relationships is a great way to forge alllies in tough times. Growing food together has never been so powerful for short and long term security.

@Adantae I also have gotten emails from this guy for years. he offers really good and practical information on a wider range of topics than one might expect. Not being the wild-eyed prepper like some, I've genuinely enjoyed his newsletters and what they offer.