Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Bird feeder — The Grow Network Community
Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth.

- Kenneth H. Blanchard

Bird feeder

Nancy CarterNancy Carter Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in DIY Tutorials

I used this fruit basket with 3 bowls as a bird feeder. The birds seem to like it and I haven't seen any squirrels on it yet! What do you use as bird feeders?

Comments

• naomi.kohlmeiernaomi.kohlmeier Posts: 278 ✭✭✭

We have the standard bird feeders that you buy in the store. The blackbirds are making a mess of the seeds in them. They only go for the sunflower seeds and strew the rest of the seeds on the ground under the feeder. The squirrels don't even have to climb the pole, they just eat the seed off the ground. As do the mourning doves and sparrows.

• GardenMamaGardenMama Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

This is brilliant and something I'm considering trying.

We have tried all levels of bird feeders (purchased and made) and these squirrels have figured out every single one

• JoetteJoette Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

That’s a great idea. Most of my birdfeeders are hanging 1 story up on my deck. I usually hang wreaths made from muscadine vines near them to give birds resting spots to wait their turn at the feeders. They seem to like them.

I make wreaths out of muscadine vine, hang them around