Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Our tax dollars hard at work — The Grow Network Community
In your actions, don't procrastinate. In your conversations, don't confuse. In your thoughts, don't wander.

-Marcus Aurelius

Comments

• judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 1,971 admin
    edited June 23

.... that couldn't possibly end badly.... geesh! As the old saying goes, "Just because you can does not mean you should." Or, "What is licit is not necessarily beneficial."

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@judsoncarroll4 All I can say is that my heart goes out to the souls of any and all innocents...

I love Tom Fitton and the hard work he does trying to save our country and restore equal law/justice for all of us..

But this, and what I know about organ donations makes me want to puke. And I hate posting things like this but what is unknown can not be stopped/fixed/corrected/legally and justly righted.

• shllnzlshllnzl Southwestern UtahPosts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭

Knowledge is power (and often sick stomach).

Judicial Watch is getting to be one of my favorite organizations, with CDC, FDA on my not trusted list.

• judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 1,971 admin
    edited June 23

I agree. All politics or moral issues aside... this "Brave New World" type of experimentation could have dramatic consequences. People who want to live a natural lifestyle have legitimate concerns about genetic manipulation in food and medicine. From GMOs to medicine and a whole lot else... one mistake could have apocalyptic consequences. Call me crazy or a luddite, but I have no interest in living in a real "sci-fi" world. There have been, and there will be, truly brilliant people like Tesla and Einstein... they will make incredible discoveries. But I think most of us would be much better served figuring out how to take charge of our own health, keep our own little environments clean and live in peace with our neighbors. Until we can responsibly handle our own lives, I don't think it wise to create monsters beyond our understanding.

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ieducate2008ieducate2008 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

It's unfortunate that we are a society that wants everything "now" and cannot wait to see results of our actions. Genetic engineering may be ok if, and only if, there are very long term studies performed. It would be horrible if we didn't test properly and implanted a "mouse organ" or a "monkey organ" into a human being just to find out that, in 10 or so years, the person decides to eat only cheese or starts hanging from the trees in the backyard!

• Nancy A.MaurelliNancy A.Maurelli Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I have never understood how humans can imagine they are smart enough to go fiddling around with genetic modification and other manipulations of Mother Nature. AND if you look at the way things have already gone in this arena, you might think it would be a GREAT idea to stop right now!

• ieducate2008ieducate2008 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, genetic engineering/modification will not go away. I'm worried that a "super race" will be developed and lack empathy. If their goals differ from us "lesser" humans, then I'm afraid out future doesn't look too good. With all the news coming over the wires about "scientific" evidence, we are being primed to trust "scientists". This is a very interesting time to be alive! LOL.