Beyond Labels, by Joel Salatin: Highly recommended!
Last night I finished reading Beyond Labels by Joel Salatin (one of my role models) and Sina McCullough. The tagline is 'a doctor and a farmer conquer food confusion one bite at a time. ' The concept is amazing and exactly what I preach, our journey to a healthy lifestyle is a slow process, one step at a time. This book has tips and advice for every stage that each of us humans could be in and how to move forward. My favorite part is they advocate growing your own food and to start small and build up.
Her story is very similar to mine as my journey started with getting very sick and eventually getting fed up with conventional medicine, that was over 20 years ago.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter